JAMES H. APPLEGATE, CFP®, AAMS®
- Certified Financial Planner™
- Accredited Asset Management Specialist (AAMS®)
- Financial Planning Association (FPA) of Southwest Florida – President, 1994
- American Association of Professional Technical Analysts – Member
- National Association of Active Investment Managers (NAAIM) – Secretary
- Rotary Club – Member and Former Director
- United States Air Force – Vietnam-era Veteran
Jim joined FSA in 2010 and is responsible for helping clients achieve their financial goals through the use of risk-managed investment strategies, cash flow analysis and retirement income planning.
Jim brings more than 25 years of experience in wealth management to the FSA team. Prior to joining FSA, he was chief investment officer at Applegate Investment Management, LLC. He was also a partner and chief investment officer of another Ft. Myers, FL, investment advisory firm.
Jim recently received a 20-year service award from the national Financial Planning Association. He is also frequently quoted in local newspapers on financial and investing matters and has appeared as a guest panelist on National Public Radio’s (WGCU) Gulf Coast Live radio show.
Jim graduated cum laude from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University with a degree in professional aeronautics.